Joss Talks ‘Dollhouse’, Plus Trailer!
Joss spilled (some of) the beans about Dollhouse to Kristin at E! at today’s FOX presentation. Check it out:
I spent a good while chatting with the one and only Joss Whedon (pinch me!), who told me they he just wrapped on the pilot shoot for Dollhouse Friday, and that he has a very good feeling about the series because “Eliza Dushku can play anything, and in this series, she does.” Can. Not. Wait. He also very kindly shared this info about the show:
- Joss directs the second episode as well as the finished-on-Friday pilot, just to get things rolling.
- Sarah Fain and Elizabeth Craft are the show runners.
- Steve DeKnight and Tim Minear are both consulting producers on the series.
- Tim is writing and directing the midseason two-parter, namely episodes seven and eight.
- Joss would love to get Jane Espenson to join the gang too, if he could, but she’s on Battlestar at the moment and the show’s budget might not permit it. (Is it just me or do you want to send Fox a check right about now?)
- As reported earlier this week, Dollhouse will go at midseason, and, according to Joss, it’s likely premiering in January.
- There is no Dollhouse presentation planned at the Fox event, but Eliza Dushku might appear on behalf of the show.
- Joss: “I’m still having so much fun. I keep waiting for it to not be fun anymore.”
- Joss needs your/our help promoting Dr. Horrible when it comes out, because the marketing group for that little online musical is…him. I’ll make the wheat paste for the posters, you print up the flyers, ‘kay?
Wait a minute…Tim Minear is directing episodes seven and eight? Does this mean FOX already ordered extra episodes? If you’ll recall, the original order was for seven. Fingers crossed! Meanwhile, check out the 2-minute trailer below.