Happy New Year!
I hope that all of our readers had a fun New Year’s Eve and are enjoying New Year’s Day with family and friends, celebrating the holiday in your own way whether it is by watching the Tournament of Roses parade, holiday-themed movies, marathons of your favorite TV show(s) or the regular football games that air on New Year’s Day. Enjoy the day!
As everyone knows, New Year’s signals resolutions – goals that we all hope to reach throughout the new year. Some of us succeed with those resolutions while some, well, let’s just say they don’t work out for better or worse. Rather than make specific resolutions, I prefer to make a wish list and since I have been obsessed with television for nearly all of my life, my wish list will be for what I would love to see happen on my favorite TV shows this year.
So, let’s take a look at my top 5 items for my TV wish list:
1. Once Upon a Time – Now that Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) are back in Storybrooke, I want nothing more than to see Snow and Charming (Josh Dallas) back together, stronger than ever; and Emma resuming her role as Sheriff; working as a family to keep Regina/The Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) in line and making themselves – along with Henry (Jared Gilmore) – a happy family. I would also love to see more of August W. Booth (Eion Bailey) and that a terrific showdown which take place between the Charming family and Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) and Cora (Barbara Hershey).
2. Revenge – More than anything (much like most of the viewers of the show) I want to see the series return to its strengths from the first season: Emily’s (Emily VanCamp) revenge of the Grayson family and those in The Hamptons who caused her father’s downfall. The powers that be behind the show need to refocus their efforts and get back to what made the show so great during its first season last year.
3. Castle – Now that Beckett (Stana Katic) and Castle (Nathan Fillion) are finally together as a couple let’s hope that they stay that way – at least for the foreseeable future. Their relationship doesn’t have to rock solid – because what relationship is – but after all this time, I would hate to see their relationship falter. And, let’s see some episodes focused on Javier (Jon Huertas) and Kevin (Seamus Dever), delving a little more into their lives outside of the precinct. And maybe even an background episode about Captain Gates (Penny Johnson Jerald), as it would be nice to learn more about her.
4. Scandal – Please don’t let President “Fitz” Grant (Tony Goldwyn) die after the tragic shooting that recently took place near the mid-season finale; and please let there be some way for Huck (Guillermo Diaz) to be proven innocent of the shooting since it was actually his deceitful “girlfriend” Becky who committed the crime.
5. Beauty And the Beast – Despite the reservations viewers have about buying into the idea that Kristin Kreuk can play an NYPD Detective or the overwhelming complaints about Vincent (Jay Ryan) not looking enough like a “Beast” – with only a scar on the side of face – I want to see the show continue to grow and, at the very least, become a moderate hit for the network. The series may not be a top 10 show – in comparison to all the other great shows out there – but this version is definitely a great guilty pleasure and includes one of the best (hands down) sidekicks on TV: J.T. Forbes (Austin Basis).
I am sure our readers have a long list of wishes so while you are enjoying New Year’s Day, please share what you would like to see happen on your favorites shows throughout the year in our comments section below.
Again, Happy New Year!!