INTERVIEW: Blindspot’s Sullivan Stapleton and Rob Brown
Last season, Blindspot cleared up the two-season long plot about Shepherd and Sandstorm and all was well, at least for a few minutes…until the last minute or two of the episode did a WTH time-jump ~ two years into the future to show Weller finding his runaway *wife* Jane to tell her that he needed her help to rescue Zapata, Reade, and Patterson who had been kidnapped. Together, Weller and Jane’s fingerprints opened a “magical” box and with a “touch” of a butterfly tattoo on her neck, suddenly all new tattoos are revealed.
At New York Comic Con, we got to talk with the cast and creator Martin Gero about that crazy ending and what the reboot means for Team Tattoo. We talked with series regulars Ashley Johnson (Patterson), Luke Mitchell (Roman), Jaimie Alexander (Jane) Sullivan Stapleton (Kurt Weller), Rob Brown (Edgar Reade), and Audrey Esparza (Tasha Zapata) with a surprise appearance from new season regular Ennis Esmer (Rich Dotcom).
Highlights of our discussions included:
- The Big Bad for season 3 is Roman and he’s out to prove that Jane was wrong to align herself with the FBI
- The Team will soon be all back together, although with some in new roles
- The new tattoos are more personal for Jane
- Rich Dotcom is joining the FBI and will be a regular this season
- The two-year gap gave many of the characters time to heal from their previous traumas and get their lives back together (we’re calling you out, Reade!) while others may have gotten themselves in deeper
Check out the video of our interview below with Sullivan Stapleton (Kurt Weller) and Rob Brown (Edgar Reade).
- Reade has gotten himself all sorted out finally and has been promoted
- Weller has left the FBI and we get to see more of his emotional side
- Stapleton loves doing stunts and fights
The season 3 premiere of Blindspot airs on Friday, October 27th, at 8/7c on NBC!