COMIC CON: IMDb Sets Sail
We are less than a week out from the start of San Diego Comic Con and the press releases with all of the fun events are starting to roll in. IMDb is partnering with XFINITY to bring host Kevin Smith to the IMDb Boat. If you are lucky enough to get an invite you can play the not-yet-released Call of Duty in the Fan lounge. Below you will find a day by day itinerary. If you want to follow along at home we have the links to IMDb’s exclusive coverage here:
Daily Coverage: IMDb
Follow #IMDboat on Twitter or visit IMDb’s official Facebook , Snapchat or Instagram
And be sure to stay glued to NiceGirlsTV as well as on Instagram and Twitter for continued coverage of all things Comic Con!
• From Thursday through Saturday (July 20-22), IMDb will produce original video coverage on the open-air top deck, including Kevin Smith’s interviews with the casts of Arrow, The Flash, Vikings, The Walking Dead and more.
• On Thursday (July 20) from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM in room 6A in the San Diego Convention Center, Kevin Smith will moderate IMDb’s first-ever Comic-Con panel, “Kevin Smith’s Comic Book Movie Trivia Mayhem Panel, Presented by comiXology and IMDb.” Kevin will be joined by a panel of pop culture expert contestants (including: Fatman on Batman’s Marc Bernardin; Julie and Shawna Benson, writers of The CW’s The 100; and DC Comics’ Batgirl and the Birds of Prey) who will play a competitive round of comic book movie trivia. Col Needham, IMDb founder and CEO, and comiXology CEO David Steinberger will judge the panel, awarding points based on the creativity of the answers.
• The second-annual IMDboat Party, Presented by XFINITY will take place on Friday (July 21) from 7:30 PM to 11 PM. Special guests include: Kevin Smith; notable celebrities; industry influencers; IMDb, Amazon Studios, Amazon Rapids, XFINITY, Atom Tickets, LEGO® Star Wars™, Twitch, STXfilms and SModCo executives; and more. This is an invitation-only event.
• From Thursday through Saturday (July 20-22) from 2 PM to 4 PM, select fans will have the opportunity to come aboard The IMDboat to relax and unwind in The IMDb Fan Lounge as space allows. The IMDb Fan Lounge will offer fans early (beta) access to play the new Call of Duty WWII before it hits stores and other special experiences. While aboard The IMDboat, fans can also get a closer look at Amazon Rapids, a children’s reading app featuring illustrated short stories told through the lens of characters chatting with each other.To be eligible for entry, fans can show a social post on one of their social media accounts featuring the #IMDboat hashtag at the check-in. Information about how to access the IMDboat will be provided by IMDb street teams as they distribute swag bags and interact with fans. Additionally, affiliate restaurants in downtown San Diego will also be distributing IMDb trivia coasters. Fans who post the correct answers to the questions featured on the IMDb trivia coasters to one of their social media accounts (along with the #IMDboat hashtag) will also be eligible for entry. Space is limited and during this time frame, fans will be admitted on a first come, first served basis. In addition, for the first time, convention goers will be able to watch Kevin Smith’s celebrity interviews and other exclusive IMDb Comic-Con coverage on a massive LED screen mounted to the IMDboat (facing the Convention Center).
• On Saturday (July 22), beginning at 3:30 PM Pacific time, Kevin Smith will host IMDb LIVE At San Diego Comic-Con, Presented by XFINITY, a 90-minute live-streaming show broadcast on IMDb, Twitch (twitch.tv/TwitchPresents), and Twitter. The show will feature Kevin Smith’s wrap-up analysis of the convention along with conversations with special celebrity guests.
• To celebrate the July 1, 2017 launch of IMDb Ticketing, Powered by Atom Tickets, IMDb street teams will be in heavy circulation in San Diego giving away swag bags to fans. In addition to other fan favorite items, the swag bags will contain Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets-themed special offer cards (including a buy one ticket get one ticket free offer or a $5 off ticket purchase discount which fans can redeem when they purchase tickets to Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets on IMDb’s website or mobile apps).