Hallmark

Good Witch Season 3 Finale

By  |

The third season of the Hallmark Channel series Good Witch came to an end tonight with the second part of its final episode airing, which focused on the wedding of Vanessa and Michael, the son of town Mayor Martha Tinsdale and, of course, the relationship between Cassie and Sam.

Here is the detailed synopsis of “Not Getting Married Today, Part 2

Cassie is still unfocused and distracted after learning how Sam feels about remarriage. To clear her mind, she takes a short trip to Chicago to visit her old friend and mentor, Olympia. Meanwhile, in an effort to keep Sam from letting Cassie slip away, his sister Joanne encourages her brother to focus on the good things in life instead of worrying about the bad things that could happen. After realizing his true feelings, Sam packs a bag and heads to Chicago where he surprises Cassie. As the two of them talk things through, she assures Sam she’s willing to just live in each moment and see what comes. Back in Middleton, Vanessa and Michael’s wedding plans have spiraled so far out of control in the hands of Elizabeth, the mother of the bride, that the couple abruptly cancels the entire affair. After taking some time to reconsider, Vanessa and Michael decide to move ahead with something simple – a ceremony at City Hall the very next day. Martha officiates and reads a touching passage that clearly tugs at the guest’s heartstrings, especially Sam’s. Following the reception, Cassie and Sam share a special, tender moment together that sends their future together in an unexpected way.

Simple Means Simple

From the very beginning when Michael and Vanessa announced they were in the quaint town of Middleton to get married, they wanted a simple wedding. But, Vanessa’s mother had much grander plans: plans that ended up excluding not only Martha (for the most part) but also the other “vendors” in town (including Abigail and Stephanie). In the end, though, the couple got the exact wedding the desired and it was just as lovely as anything that Vanessa’s mother planned.

Don’t Keep Her Too Far Away

Thank goodness for Sam’s sister Joanne, right?! Sam’s reluctance where never getting married again may have been valid in his eyes, his younger sister gave him a nudge to not keep Cassie too far away from him. And the moving reading Martha made during Michael and Vanessa’s wedding, seemed to help cement his thoughts on Cassie, ending in a proposal that I am sure pleased a lot of long-time viewers. Now they just have to tell their kids…who aren’t quite getting along right now.

Watch What You Say

While Grace may have been well-meaning in trying to convince Nick to tell girlfriend Courtney that he wanted to break up, she sadly chose the wrong time to speak her mind. Granted it was a bit predictable that as soon as she said those words that, naturally, Courtney would overhear; but Nick should have talked to her in the first place and Grace should have just kept her thoughts to herself. This unfortunate slip of the tongue at the wrong time is most likely going to cause a rift between them. How it will affect their parents announcing they are engaged: well I guess we’ll have to wait for season four to find out how that will play out.

Who Was Missing

Do Good Witch fans remember that Martha and Tom Tinsdale actually had TWO sons? We’ve obviously seen Michael, but what about the other son, Dylan? Are they simply going to pretend that he didn’t exist or will he perhaps be featured in a later season?

And what about George, Lori, Brandon and Tara? Sure we’ve seen Grandpa George off and on through the season; and Tara and Brandon haven’t been totally forgotten either; but we haven’t seen much of them in the last few episodes. As for Lori, we’ve barely seen much of her at all. Are they going to be completely forgotten with Cassie and Sam now being engaged?

What are your thoughts on the third season of Good Witch? Please share them in our comments section below.

An official announcement of a fourth season for Good Witch has yet to be made by the Hallmark Channel, but I can’t imagine they won’t continue with the series given how popular it is with the network’s viewers.

UPDATED: The following is a transcript of the poem for which Martha Tinsdale reads at the wedding of Michael and Vanessa. I do not know who wrote this poem or if it was created by the writer of the episode Dean Batali.

“They’re about to say I do. Three little letters, two little words. It’s the simplest part of the day, but there’s nothing simple about the things that will remain unsaid. I do means I do know I could be hurt, but I’m ready to be healed with you. It means I do want to try even when the fear of failure holds me back, and I do not know the future, but I’m ready to be surprised along the way. And I do means I do want your love and I do give you mine and nothing we do will ever be the same because you and I will be doing it all together.”

Using her favorite online handle, Rueben is an East Coast-bred gal who is now a permanent Californian and a lifelong tv-oholic. She watches at least 25 TV shows a week, goes to the movies as often as possible, listens to music every waking moment, reads every day and “plays” on the internet every chance she can. Some of her current favorite TV shows are Outlander, Arrow, Grimm, The Blacklist, Teen Wolf, Killjoys, Dark Matter, The Shannara Chronicles, Good Witch, When Calls the Heart, The 100, Switched at Birth, Jane the Virgin, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Flash and The Fosters (among others). Follow her at @ruebenrambling or contact her at rueben@nicegirlstv.com.

36 Comments

1. Susan Davis

July 3, 2017 at 6:21 am

Is there a way to get the words to the poem that Martha read? Who was the author? It was very touching and would like to use it in a wedding coming up! Thanks!

• Kara Altomare

July 3, 2017 at 9:48 am

I got the words but not the author. I sat there and wrote them down for my wedding haha.
      “They’re about to say I do,
      Three little letters,
      Two little words,
      Its the simplest part of the day,
      But there is nothing simple about the things that will remain unsaid,
      I do means I do know I could be hurt,
      But Im ready to be heald with you,
      It means I do want to try,
      Even when the fear of failure holds me back,
      And I do not know the future,
      But Im ready to be surprised along the way,
      And I do means I do want your love,
      And I do give you mine,
      And nothing we do will ever be the same,
      Because you and I will be doing it all together.”

• Sylvia Hagamann

July 3, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Thank you for posting the words. I was just on Google searching and found it – thanks to you. Appreciate it.

• ally

July 3, 2017 at 4:38 pm

I have been trying to Google it but have not found it what did u type into Google?

• Rueben

July 3, 2017 at 8:31 pm

To all who responded: I added the entire poem to the end of the piece and I want to thank Kara Altomare for also putting the transcript in the comments section. I could not find out who wrote the poem, though.

2. Karen Naumes

July 3, 2017 at 8:15 am

i really enjoy the Good Witch. I Hope they continue and math Grace in a relationship. I like Grandpa George too what happened to his relationship. Please keep Brandon and Lori on too.
    Thanks , Karen

3. Jerrylin Barnett

July 3, 2017 at 8:17 am

I would like to get the words to the poem that Martha read. Who was the author/name of book.

4. Nancy

July 3, 2017 at 11:11 am

I, too, would like to get the words to the reading, as well as the author and/or the name of the book.

Thank you.

5. Susy Mosher

July 3, 2017 at 11:27 am

Please send me the poem, and author, read by Martha at the Tinsdale wedding.

6. Brenda Mosley

July 3, 2017 at 11:50 am

I would like the author as well

7. Denise

July 3, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Please send the poem and author of the poem

8. ally

July 3, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I also would love to k where the reading is from

9. Lisa Lynn

July 3, 2017 at 9:46 pm

That actually choked me up. That was from start to finish a lovely episode. Even Martha was getting to me. Usually I consider her character a bit over the top, but I really liked her in this one. It is so refreshing to have clean cut, uplifting shows to watch. I am a big Hallmark Channel convert in the last two years. The networks are so horrible and full of hate and angst. Keep up the great shows Hallmark.

10. Gerri Walsh

July 4, 2017 at 5:34 am

I love Good Witch one of may favs on tv look forward to it Sunday nights .Please renew it for season four

11. Linda

July 4, 2017 at 6:52 am

Thank you for posting the “I DO.” I intend to use it at my neice’s wedding in September. Keep up the good work Hallmark Channel. I agree with others that Hallmark is the best>

12. francesca

July 4, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Hallmark excels in heartwarming stories in their tv programs and movies. I love the good witch series and that poem in the season 3 finale … not a dry eye in the house. Much thanks for the post!

13. JoAnn Bacon

July 4, 2017 at 6:58 pm

What is the name of the actor who played Olympia *book store owner in Chicago” in the finale?

• Rueben

July 5, 2017 at 2:02 pm

That is Wendy Crewson. She has appeared in the Canadian medical drama Saving Hope and had a short recurring role in Revenge. She has a very lengthy resume of film and TV roles.

• Pat

July 24, 2017 at 5:08 pm

She was also in the Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen.

14. Janine

July 4, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Who played Elizabeth …. Vanessa’s mother?

• Rueben

July 5, 2017 at 2:55 pm

That is actress Allison Hossack. Her resume is long, appearing in shows like Reaper, Profit, Hope Island, Kingdom Hospital, Falcon Beach and lots of guest appearances in sci-fi shows.

15. GloriaReynolds

July 5, 2017 at 1:03 pm

I would love the book, of course who the author is, if nothing eles a copy of the poem. Love The Good Witch. Hope it comes back on. Have not missed any movies, or series. Hope you can help me. Thank you.

16. SuzanneNelson

July 5, 2017 at 4:42 pm

I have been a devoted Good Witch fan for years. Creating the series has been a wonderful addition to the Good Witch movies. We are celebrating our 50th anniversary in August and I want to use the lovely poem recited by Martha at our renewal of vows ceremony. Thanks to everyone for the transcript and possible credits to the series writer. The other question I have is can anyone tell me the name of the love song and artist that was playing in the background? I taped this show and it stopped playing before the credits ran. God bless Hallmark for their wonderful family movies and programs and also its listeners and sponsors without whom this programming would not be possible.

17. Sue

July 5, 2017 at 7:32 pm

What is the name of the song that played at the end of season finale?

• laurie ward

July 6, 2017 at 12:24 am

just found out that the song at the end is taking you home by Don Henley

18. Victoria Gibson

July 5, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Love watching Good Witch…looking forward to the next season.

19. laurie ward

July 6, 2017 at 12:13 am

what is the name of the song that played at the end of the season finale

20. Louella

July 7, 2017 at 3:25 am

Thank you for posting this poem. Was searching for it after watching Good Witch. Can’t wait for another season to begin!

21. Nancy

July 8, 2017 at 12:13 pm

We all need a fairy tale to follow at times when our own lives are short of easy. This show is very well written, life lessons are learned and it does make you think about life in a different perspective. It is about the only enjoyment I have in my busy life. I could watch hallmark every day for the rest of my life….oh wait, I do watch it every day… Thanks hallmark for all the great movies and the series you have shown. So looking forward to the future ones.

22. Jan

July 9, 2017 at 5:07 am

I missed the season 3 finale will they show a repeat when the new season 4 comes back also I have watched every episode from the start my recorder did not record the season finale I love love love the good witch and all the cast also I love the Hallmark channel

23. Collene

July 9, 2017 at 12:01 pm

I love The Good Witch—-the story—the clothes—the twinkle lights everywhere. Especially enjoyed the finale and glad to find the “I Do” reading in print. It must return for another season.

24. Sam

July 9, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Love the show and hope Hallmark keeps renewing it.

25. Sharon Warren

July 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

I appreciate that the “I DO” words are now transcribed. Thank you!
    I enjoy the Good Witch TV show…healthy, wholesome and insightful.

26. Margo

July 11, 2017 at 3:02 pm

This is an amazing show that is written so well. I certainly hope they renew for season 4 and many more!

27. Oli

July 11, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Looking forward to more of Good Witch….a delight to watch!

28. Mary Ann

July 26, 2017 at 10:03 am

Just love Good Witch…so wholesome and refreshing to watch ‘GOOD’ television!
    The cast and story line is always uplifting.

What is the label of Elizabeth’s, the mother of the bride’s dress?
    The simplicity was elegant!

Looking forward to Season 4…a must to continue! 🙂