The Vampire Diaries Series Finale: Live From Mystic Falls
TVD Fans! Can you believe it is all over? 8 seasons of The Vampire Diaries all wrapped up in a bow and I have to say, it was perfect! I was lucky enough to go to Mystic Falls and watch the finale live with a lot of TVD fans and it was awesome. There was a lot of love in the audience and some tears, but overall the crowd loved how the series ended, myself included. It was a night to remember! Here are some of my favorite moments from the finale and highlights from the event.
If you haven’t seen the finale yet, stop reading here because there are SPOILERS AHEAD!
I have to admit I was a little worried about how they were going to fit everything into one hour for the finale and they did a great job of it. I don’t want to go into too much detail because I think everyone should watch this episode (maybe a few times) because it was so good. My 5 favorite moments are listed below.
- Nina Dobrev’s return. It would not have felt complete if Nina didn’t come back for the last episode, and a double dose of Elena and Katherine was a great way for fans to see both characters. I really loved Elena’s scenes with Bonnie and Caroline to show that strong female bond. And when she and Damon saw each other for the first time and ran into each other’s arms, priceless!
- Bonnie and the Bennett witches saved the day! OMG! That was a serious girl power moment if I ever saw one. They bonded together and put out that fire and it was amazing. In my head I’m a kickass Bennett witch for sure!
- Stefan’s sacrifice. Of course it was sad that Stefan died, but sacrificing himself to save the people he loved was heroic and so Stefan. The best part was seeing Lexi waiting for him on the other side. It was perfect!
- Caroline and Klaus! When Caroline got the letter and donation from Klaus for her boarding school, the crowd in Mystic Falls cheered so loudly. I’m so excited that this relationship has a chance to be explored on The Originals because let’s face it, they have unfinished business to resolve. Yay!
- Cameos galore! I loved having the opportunity to see our favorite characters that passed on return for the finale. Lexi, Sheriff Forbes, Grams, Enzo, Tyler, Vicki, Jo, and even Elena’s parents made an appearance. It was icing on the cake.
The series finale event was a huge success! Hundreds of fans showed up to watch the finale in Mystic Falls. There were events all day from Mystic Falls tours (thanks to Vampire Stalkers) live music, and autograph signings from Chris Brochu, Micah Parker and Chase Coleman. My favorite part was the live music from former Nice Boy of the Week Chris Brochu (see my previous interview with him here) He rocked!
I loved going to The Mystic Grill! If you ever visit Atlanta, you have to make a trip to Covington (which the town square has been transformed into Mystic Falls) and go to the Mystic Grill. They have a lot of TVD memorabilia throughout the restaurant and the food is great! They are know for Sweet Tea Fried Chicken (which is so good) and I definitely recommend the Vampire’s Kiss Martini!
One of the most recognizable things in the square is the famous clock tower which was heavily featured in the finale. All I could think about was Damon and Elena standing on top of it. It was so cool watching the finale on the big screen right under the clock tower that we were looking at. When Vicki was ringing the bell the crowd cheered when they did a close up on the clock. All in all it was a great evening and a wonderful way to end this series.
I want to thank all the TVD fans who have supported the NiceGirls over the years. Thanks for reading my recaps, interviews, submitting questions for press conferences, saying hi at conventions and coming to see me speak on panels. It has truly meant the world to me and I’m so thankful for all the friends I’ve made because of this show. #TVDForever
Check out our Facebook page and Twitter @NiceGirlsTV to see live videos and photos from the event. NiceGirl Lisa Signing off!
You can re-watch episodes of The Vampire Diaries online, on Netflix or the CW App.