DRAGON CON: 5 PANELS YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS
It’s that time of year again for Dragon Con! Yay! This year more than 62,000 people are expected to attend Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA. Beginning Friday August 29 through Monday September 1, downtown Atlanta will be filled with cosplayers and fans of sci-fi, fantasy, comics, pop culture, art, literature, music, film and games.
There are more than 400 actors, artists, and authors scheduled to appear, so I figured I could point out some can’t-miss moments for our readers. My top five panels are listed below!
1. True Blood – With the series just ending this past Sunday it will be the perfect opportunity to get the scoop directly from the cast members Kristen Bauer (Pam), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette), and Michael McMillian (Steve Newlin). Their Panel schedule is below:
Friday – 10am Westin Peachtree Ballroom A-F
Saturday – 11:30am Hyatt Centennial II-III
Sunday – 1:00pm Westin Peachtree Ballroom A-F
2. Arrow – Sit down with the cast members to discuss everything that’s going on in Starling city. Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance), Paul Blackthorne (Detective Lance), Manu Bennett (Slade Wilson), Katrina Law (Nyssa al Ghul), Caity Lotz (Sara/Black Canary) and David Nykl (Anatoly Knyazev) will all be there to chat.
Friday – 10am Hyatt Centennial I-III
Saturday – 2:30pm Hyatt Centennial II-III
Sunday- 10am Marriott Atrium Ballroom
3. Once Upon A Time– Storybrooke is coming to Dragon Con! Cast members Lee Arenberg (Leroy), Beverley Elliott(Granny), Giancarlo Esposito (Sidney Glass), Robbie Kay (Peter Pan), Rebecca Mader (Zelena) and Sean Maguire (Robin Hood) will be in attendance. Woo hoo! Check out their schedule below.
Friday – 2:30pm Hyatt Centennial II-III
Saturday – 5:30pm Hyatt Centennial II-III
Sunday-1:00pm Hyatt Centennial II-III
Monday- 10am Marriott Atrium Ballroom
4. Being Human– It was so sad saying goodbye to Being Human (American Version) this year but now is your chance to see the cast! Reminisce about your favorite moments from this show with cast members Kristen Hager (Nora), Sam Huntington (Josh), Meaghan Rath(Sally) and Sam Witwer (Aidan). Their panels are always hilarious! Their schedule is below:
Friday – 1pm Westin Peachtree Ballroom A-F
Saturday – 7pm Westin Peachtree Ballroom A-F
Sunday –2:30pm Westin Peachtree Ballroom A-F
Monday-1pm Westin Augusta Ballroom
5. Lost Girl– Kenzi is finally coming to Dragon Con and I couldn’t be more excited! This Canadian hit took Dragon Con by storm last year and their panels were a huge hit. Rick Howland (Trick), Zoie Palmer (Lauren), Ksenia Solo(Kenzi) and Emmanuelle Vaugier (The Morrigan) will be in attendance to talk all things Fae! Their schedule is below:
You can also see celebrities like Karl Urban, Sir Patrick Stewart, Ralph Macchio, Amy Acker, Adam Baldwin and many other actors as well as the ones I’ve listed above at the Walk of Fame. The Walk of Fame is located at the Marriott and it is where most of the actors sign autographs (some charge a fee). The hours of operation of the Walk of Fame are listed below:
Friday (1pm – 7pm)
Saturday (10am – 7pm)
Sunday (10am – 7pm)
Monday (10am – 5pm)
Click here to get the full pocket program schedule and follow the action on Twitter @DragonCon
I’m so excited and can’t wait to see everyone at Dragon Con!