This weekend (June 1-3rd) I will be in Austin, Texas with many other TV fans for the inaugural ATX Television Festival and I am so excited! The ATX Festival is the first festival dedicated to all things television. TV fans and industry professionals will be coming together this weekend to celebrate Television shows past, current and future.
The event kicks off Friday night with a screening of USA’s “Suits” and “Royal Pains” at the State Theater. Saturday and Sunday are packed with screenings including Q & A’s, panel discussions with actors, writers, directors, and show creators and there is a music showcase on Sunday. All screenings/panels will take place at the Stephen F. Austin Intercontinental Hotel, The Alamo Drafthouse, or the State Theater.
I have listed a few of the highlights below:
- The Vampire Diaries (CW) Screening with Julie Plec (creator of The Vampire Diaries)
- True Blood (HBO) Screening with Marshall Allman (Tommy)
- Season 2 Premiere of Teen Wolf (MTV) with Jeff Davis (creator of Teen Wolf )
- Life Unexpected (CW) with Liz Tigelaar (creator) and cast members Britt Robertson, Shiri Appleby, and Arielle Kebbel
- Friday Night Lights (NBC) outdoor screening with cast members Scott Porter, Alicia Witt and Matt Lauria
- Parenthood (NBC) Sceening with Jason Katims (creator), David Hudgins (executive producer), Liza Richardson (music supervisor), and cast members Jason Ritter, Mae Whitman, Michael B. Jordan, and Dax Shepard
- Saturday Morning Cartoons with Hasbro Studios and the Hub, world premiere of Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters with Special guest Scott Wolf
If you are going to be there, let me know in the comment section below or tweet me @Lisa_NGTV ! For more information or to purchase a badge, visit the ATX Festival website or get the full schedule here. You can follow the ATX Festival on Twitter @atxfestival for updates as well. See you in Austin!