I have so many things running through my head right now that coming up with a single topic for today’s column has been impossible. After several false starts over the course of the past few hours, I’ve decided to just bullet point what’s on my mind.
- Robin Hood‘s Lara Pulver has been cast as Claudine on True Blood. One of my all-time favorite characters from the Sookie books, I was having trouble casting the role in my imagination. Lara Pulver was so perfect as the deliciously scheming Isabella, sister of Guy of Gisborne, she wasn’t even on my radar as Claudine. Alan Ball is a genius.
- I’ve been catching up on 10 Things I Hate About You and while it’s enjoyable, I get why ABC Family let it go. The premise was just too thin for the talent they had available. The “Kids in a America” duet was fun, though.
- This weekend I bumped into a former professor and had a discussion that reminded me about some writing areas I’d like to pursue. Not sure where to publish those essays yet, but keep an eye out.
- Speaking of songs, the one in that Kindle commercial is stuck in my head. Thanks to everyone on Twitter who informed me that it’s “Stole My Heart” by Little and Ashley.
- Angela and Hodgins got married! In the pokey! I can’t help but wonder what the rest of the Squints are going to say when they find out. This week on Bones is the Gravedigger trial. That gives me the shivers.
- The Vampire Diaries has become Must See TV for me over the course of the season. I honestly didn’t expect to watch beyond the second episode, but it’s managed to transcend the not-another-teen-vampire-drama stereotype I expected. The slow burn of the Damon/Elena pairing is icing on the cake.
- I’m still laughing at the idea of Manny being on the no-fly list. (Modern Family)
There. That feels better.